Life of a SINGLE Social Queen

This blog was encouraged by some who seem to think my life is exciting. I am not convinced of this all the time, however I do have a way of making life interesting. To put it in another way, with me, life is never BORING!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Post-Interview Update

I got home from my interview a few mins ago and it went really well! I had some trouble finding the main building to get to the office so I was a couple of mins late, but hopefully that won't leave too much of a bad impression. I interviewed with the principal and one of the 2nd grade teachers. Here is one of the most amazing things: Out of almost 30 applicants I was chosen for one of only 5 interviews given! He told me that right away and it made me really excited but put me at ease at the same time! He had a list of 10 question that he put in front of me, which I really appreciated. Here is another cool part - I had derived a list of 5 questions to practice prior to my interview, and I wrote out my answers to them - some I've actually given as answers at real interviews and some I thought of as I was writing them out. The principal's list actually had 2-3 questions that was on my list! So I had my answers ready in my head because I remembered what I practiced! It was so awesome! I felt calm, cool, and collected through most of it, so that was a blessing.
There was one question that was amazing the answer the Lord gave me. Question: Tell me something you have done that you went out of your way to help that person? My mind went to the classroom, but also to a situation of some friends of mine. I asked him if I could give 2 and he said that was fine. I told about the one in the classroom and went on to the non-school related one. Without going into detail I told him about some kids that I watched so that their parents could get some marriage counseling. I never even gave this a second thought when I was doing it, but after I told them, there was a visible change on their faces. The principal said that was probably one of the most important pieces of information I could have shared with him and he said he was really glad I did! I was amazed! Praise God for taking over for my voice and speaking through me!
The principal told me that he would be calling all 5 candidates and letting them know TOMORROW! So I will DEFINITELY let you know the outcome, regardless of what it is.
Thank y'all SO MUCH for praying! It was definitely the reason it went so well!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tenney Crew said...

Go GOD!!! I am so glad that it went well. Can't wait to hear the news either way. You know that God's hand is right there with you and what a great feeling that is.

January 27, 2010 at 10:32 PM  
Blogger D. Karnes said...

MY FIRST BLOG COMMENT!!!!! THANKS SMITTY!

January 27, 2010 at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home