Life of a SINGLE Social Queen

This blog was encouraged by some who seem to think my life is exciting. I am not convinced of this all the time, however I do have a way of making life interesting. To put it in another way, with me, life is never BORING!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Interview Results

I got the call this afternoon that Brigham had offered the position I interviewed for to another candidate. The principal was very positive and asked me not to give up on them. I thanked him for letting me know and told him I would continue pursuing them.
I can't lie and say that I wasn't upset. Even as I was writing the first paragraph a few hours ago (I had to go to church for FPU -Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey), I was crying off and on, as I did the entire afternoon and evening. My head KNOWS unequivocally that God is is control, He only kept this job away because He has something better, and I just have to be patient and wait for His timing to provide me with a job. I do KNOW that! But my HEART is sooooo terribly disappointed and cannot comprehend why God could not have given me THIS position, that felt so very right for me in this situation! I was SO SURE that this was "IT!" This is my heart talking. My head knows the only reason God kept this job from me is because there is something that is even better suited to me and the skills He has gifted me with. But the head and the heart are two VERY different entities, am I right????
So please continue praying. I need them now more than ever. Thank you for what prayers have already been lifted to the Heavens to the very ears of God on my behalf. They have to be in the hundreds or perhaps more from just this week (and possibly from just my mom :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger SusanW said...

So sorry that you haven't found a job yet. Hope it will come quickly. Will be praying for that.

January 30, 2010 at 11:57 PM  
Blogger Tenney Crew said...

Danette I too am sorry to hear that you didn't get the job. I can't say in anyway I know what you're going through. The only thing I can say is yes you are right God has something for you. Stay persistent in seeking Him and never stop lifting all you worries to Him. I preach this to myself as well as each night I am consuming my mind worrying about when this baby will come. It's our job to concern ourselves with things but not worry and CONSUME ourselves with them. We have to trust and lack the faith that He will provide. We have no idea how or what that will look like, but we know that in His hands is the best place to be. I LOVE YOU and am here day or night to talk or cry with. I know I have TRULY appreciated your support and friendship in the last 8 years or so and LOVE knowing that I have people like you around to count on. So please don't hesitate to blog, Facebook, call, email or just yell at me whenever you need anything.

Smitty :)

January 31, 2010 at 3:01 PM  
Blogger D. Karnes said...

Thank you guys so much! What an encouragement you both are to me! Love you!

February 2, 2010 at 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home