Life of a SINGLE Social Queen

This blog was encouraged by some who seem to think my life is exciting. I am not convinced of this all the time, however I do have a way of making life interesting. To put it in another way, with me, life is never BORING!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Holy Mother of Pearl! It's been 2 months since I last posted. I know because my mother just reminded me. I enjoy posting, but it takes me so long because of the length of my posts! Anyway, things are going pretty awesome for me! I have 3 tutoring students right now, all home schoolers, so really they are not tutoring students, they're just students. I teach a young brother and sister science and a 6th grader math. I just started with the siblings, but they are a real joy! They just absorb whatever I feed to them in our lesson and beg for more! It's really rewarding! Any my 6th grader is so ridiculously fun to work with that it's not even work. She's my mini-me. We are alike in many areas, and it just seems to work in our sessions! I had a 9th grade student for about a week but it didn't work out. I wish it would have, but it was not fun like my other students, so I am not completely upset about it. I don't normally do 9th graders anyway. Hormones are not my favorite. Mine or anyone else's.......
So this week I am going to be a little busy because I am preparing to go back to Indiana for several days to help my mom out. She's having knee surgery on Tuesday and gets out of the hospital on Friday if all goes well, so this week I'll be getting ready to head out for 8 days. I'll fly into Indy on Thursday night and AMY TENNEY will pick me up from the airport and take me to her place so I can spend the night, visit with her, play with her toddler, hold her baby, and go pick up mom from the hospital the next day...... if she's lucky. Mom, I put that in there for you since you're probably the only one who READS THIS BLOG! So, I'm going home to help her out and get some time hopefully to visit with some friends. Ok, actually, I'm going to leave the old lady at home alone while I go out and have fun. JUST KIDDING AGAIN MOM! Nah, I'm an old pro at helping her around the house, especially after she has surgery. I've been doing it since before I turned 13. I think my mom would agree that I'm a great help to her, kind of a natural. Her right hand, even. Yeah, that might cover it. Oh, don't forget indispensable. I do have a lunch date with my favorite red-headed lady, Dr. Curry! I consider her a mentor, but also my dear friend. She is the Chair of Teacher Education at the college I graduated from. Me and Smitty (Amy [Smith] Tenney), were 2 of her favorite students. I. Love. Her.
So tonight after a great service at church, I decide that I don't want to go home for the rest of the night, and that I want to go to Taco Bell. So I invited Alby. I knew from past experience that there is a crowd of retirees from church that congregates there after church on Sunday nights, but I have never gone inside and sat with them. Tonight we did though and it was so much fun! I knew a few of them, just from being the friendly-teasing sort, but we had a real blast with them! The funnies part to me is that the men sat in one section and the women sat in another! I asked one of the women why the men were segregated and she said, "Well we don't care what they have to talk about! We want to talk about our own stuff!" And it was perfect! Alby and I sat with the ladies and just had us a big ole' time! And that's what I love about my church. I, at 30, was there at Taco Bell with a close friend, late 40s, sitting there talking with a bunch of 70 yr olds! It was amazing! A lot of them are from the North, so you get to talking about Indiana and Ohio and you realize the world is a pretty small place!!!
Well, that is all for me for tonight! Will try to be more regular but I can't promise anything (Mom! I love you, dear!!!!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danette, you make me laugh ssssssssoooooooo hard, you are hilarious.....I love it and I love you,
Rachel P.

April 12, 2010 at 7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so I realize that the statement about your mother being the only one to read your blog was indeed an invitation for all the rest of us to chime in. Chime. Your ability to intertain the rest of us is unquestioned. Fan club member #1. This is posted by an old woman in Indiana who is not your mother.

April 12, 2010 at 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Second old woman in Indiana,not your mother, but I enjoy your blog also. You are a hoot.

April 15, 2010 at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home